Stress, too much caffeine, or a lack of sleep not only leave you in a bad mood, but also with a set of dark circles and bags under your eyes. That blue and reddish coloring is an indicator of poor health, and even though there are plenty of products promising to zap away those dark circles overnight, there are some natural remedies to help you get back on track. If you’re suffering from that raccoon look after another late night, take heed of these natural ways to remove those dark circles effectively:
1. Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day. Yet another benefit of that daily chug of h20 is dark circle reduction. If you can’t break away from the caffeine habit, this is even more important. Water helps keep toxins out of your cells making them healthy and vibrant. You’ll also enjoy the side effect of healthier skin in the process.
2. Make sure you’re getting that multivitiman. B-vitamins, iron, and Vitamin E are essential for healthy skin. Your dark circles will disappear after just a few days with a vitamin E boost.
3. Chamomile tea bags. Soak some chamomile tea bags in hot water, then rinse in cool water to create an eye-pack. Just putting these on your eyes for about 20 minutes will help reduce puffiness and can help diminish dark circles quickly.
4. Drink your OJ. Vitamin C plays a significant role in skin health, and if you’re not getting enough of this vitamin in your diet, you’re limiting your chances that fresh glow each morning. Improve your diet with a vitamin-C infused drink or supplement, or simply add a few oranges or grapefruit to your daily fruit intake.
5. Cool off with cucumber. Sliced cucumber on your eyes isn’t an old wives tale, and is still used at many high-end spas and luxury facial treatments today. Just a couple of ice cold slices on your eyes will help reduce puffiness and tighten and tone the undereye area.
6. Use Vitamin K-infused cream. Vitamin K helps to fix broken capillaries, and applying a thin layer once or twice per day can help you take care of this sensitive area with ease. Look for organic products to avoid unnecessary chemicals and toxic ingredients.
7. Go salt-free. Too much salt usually leads to fluid-retention, which in turn can lead to puffiness under your eyes. While drinking water will help you flush out toxins, reducing your salt intake will also do the trick. You’ll notice a visible change in just a day.
Dark circles under the eyes are more prominent on aging skin since the area becomes so delicate and thin. Improving skin tone with water, a healthy diet, and exercise can help reduce or diminish dark circles naturally, but when those stressful times and late nights start to add up, just take care of the problem with a natural remedy for long-term benefits.